Session 1: Mission, Culture & Philanthropy
Bond's new series of breakfast briefings provides an essential opportunity to explore critical issues affecting civil society organisations and their work.
Created specifically for charity CEOs and senior staff, these exclusive interactive sessions are led by their expert partners and speakers. You’ll get the chance to share experiences with peers and explore critical issues affecting CSOs. Places are strictly limited to ensure that delegates are able to get the most out of the session.
The first series, Transforming philanthropy, focuses on achieving step change in fundraising through philanthropy. The second series, will examine how CSOs can build strategic and effective partnerships with business.
Sector leaders might also be interested in the Bond Annual Conference and Exhibition, 20-21 March, which includes sessions that explore current leadership challenges.
These three breakfast briefings build on your existing experience of philanthropic fundraising. Guided by Global Philanthropic CEO and Founder Ben Morton Wright and expert speakers, you'll explore how to transform your approach to fundraising and use philanthropy to achieve financial sustainability. You'll also learn to build philanthropic leadership in your organisation, and align philanthropy with your mission and organisational culture.
Who is it for?
For experienced, senior professionals with an understanding of the principles and mechanics of philanthropic fundraising. It is particularly suitable for senior managers or board members from organisations with established major gifts programmes who are looking to deepen their organisation’s understanding and capacity to successfully deliver income through philanthropy.
What you will learn
By the end of the series you'll be able to:
- Assess the importance of your individual role in your organisation’s fundraising strategy and practice
- Critically assess your organisation’s strengths and weaknesses with regards to philanthropy
- Employ a more holistic view of the factors that influence philanthropic fundraising success, and look beyond the basic metrics
- Identify how philanthropy can shape your organisation, and how your organisation can shape its philanthropic offering
- Take a more strategic and longer term view of the role of philanthropy and how it can contribute to long term financial stability
- Better understand the organisational requirements for success in philanthropy
- Weigh the considerations and implications of specific strategic approaches such as endowment and board development
In this session you will:
- Identify the roles that key individuals can play in defining philanthropic culture within your organisation
- Explore the role of mission in defining and enriching your philanthropic offering, and better understand how this influences an organisation’s fundraising success
- Discuss crafting a philanthropic message that is aligned to your culture and mission
- Identify areas of strength and weakness in your organisation’s culture
- Hear examples of organisations that have successfully developed a strong philanthropic culture
Band 1 Non-members = £440.00
Band 2 Bond members >2M annual spend = £330.00
Band 3 Bond members <2M annual spend = £220.00
In order to get the members' price, you will need to log in.
Next in the series are:
Session 2: Financial Sustainability - Monday 27 March 2017, 8.30am – 11.30am
Click here to BOOK NOW
Ben Morton Wright, Global Philanthropic:
Ben Morton Wright founded Global Philanthropic in 2002, with a vision of developing a truly worldwide philanthropic consultancy, and has many years of front-line major gifts fundraising experience.
Rosemary Nuamah Williams, Global Philanthropic:
Rosemary is an international policy and government relations specialist with over 15 years’ experience working with the UK government and for the UN, charities and foundations in policy and advocacy roles.
Paula Marshall, Global Philanthropic:
With over 20 years’ experience in philanthropic fundraising Paula Marshall is an expert in developing and delivering high value funding plans.